My Soccer Tournament

Last weekend, me and my family traveled to Richmond,VA for a soccer tournament. We left Saturday morning since our first game was at 1:00 pm. Every time we have a game, we have to arrive 45 minutes early. We got there at 12:15, so we walked to the field. My teammates and I warmed up until it was time to start the game. We play nine vs nine, so our starting lineup was a 3-3-2. I started that game in the position left winger. Unfortunately, we lost that game 2-4. Our next game started at 4:00, so 20 minutes later we came back to the field and warmed up again. By the time we started the game, it was raining really hard! At halftime the score was 0-3 them. Then, we got a penalty kick and my teammate scored. Then they scored again so it was 1-4 them. Then I scored! Then my teammate scored! Then I scored AGAIN! Then, with five minutes left, we got a corner kick. My teammate blasted it from the corner and it went into the middle of the field. My teammate slid and scored! A few minutes later, the game was done. We had made a MAJOR comeback and the score ended 5-4 us! We were very excited that we were going to the semifinals, but we were also drenched. We got back to our hotel, ate dinner and played games. We had to go to bed at 9:30 because we had to be on the field the next morning at 7:15 am. The next morning, we woke up and ate breakfast. We drove to the field and played our game in 25 degree weather. Unfortunately, we lost that game. It was 2-2 until the last minute where my teammate slipped and fell. The other team took advantage of this and went and scored. Then the whistle blew. The game was over and we had lost the semifinals. Everybody was sad, but we all had a very good time at that tournament.

all photos by my family